updated data

K

KingstonUK

my problem is simple, I need to copy large data from server 2008 R2 to server 2016 then I need to copy only the updated data or any changes happens in the data of the source daily. I tried some programs but everyone have a disadvantage which makes it not helpful.

, I was searching and I found this post, your software helped the user in such a case

how can your software help?

Hi KingstonUK,
Welcome to the community
Gs RichCopy 360 can copy more than 40 million files and folders with more than 1PB (1000TB) from server to another without any errors or crashes as per many clients who use Gs RichCopy 360.
The Enterprise version of Gs RichCopy 360 has a great feature which is dependable by many client's and companies called Byte Level Replication that allows you to transfer just the changed data in a file when synchronizing instead of the entire file,
This is useful in saving bandwidth, especially when dealing with large files.

- Alex

It looks like a super program, but I need more details or how does it work, please?

Dear KingstonUK
A feature like Byte level replication available in the Enterprise version and as I mentioned before that it allows you to transfer just the changed data in a file when synchronizing, instead of
the entire file which resulting saving bandwidth especially when dealing with large files.
Byte level replication is available in both TCP copy and normal copy. However, in TCP jobs, it has to be enabled from the RTA configuration screen while in the Normal jobs, it is configured from the main screen.
Please check this print screen and the notes below
٢٠٢٠٠٤٠٨_٢٠٢٣١٥.jpg
Note1: Byte Level Replication requires the installation of RTA on the target (destination) machine even if the job is set as a Normal job.
There are no configuration settings required on the RTA side once the RTA agent is installed.
One added feature when using Byte Level Replication is that the application of permissions, date, timestamp, and attributes is offloaded to the RTA agent on the target machine.
This could cut down the time taken to apply them by as much as 90%.
There are no additional requirements needed to turn this feature on as it automatically works as soon as Byte Level Replication is enabled and configured.
In TCP jobs, the RTA configuration on the client-side inherits the settings of the TCP job when it comes to the hostname, port, block size, and compression.
In Normal jobs, however, Byte Level Replication requires that the settings are set.

Note2: Encryption is not available in Normal jobs, which is why the encryption option is greyed out in the Byte Replicator Configuration window. Encryption with Byte Level Replication, however, is available when using TCP jobs.

This is how the feature Byte Level Replication can be set and work, I hope this info helps ?

-Alex

Last edited:
so helpful , Purchasing it now
and please is there are more details about RTA agent ?

Back