Permissions not applying

R

rcopithorne

We are migrating our data off a storage device and on to a Windows 2016 server. I have setup multiple jobs to copy single directories throughout the day however when i check the permissions on the folder they are not coming across. I have tried the job using the ROOT option and not using it. \\servera\share\DIR1

Here is a screen shot. The left is the source. The right is the target. The Date has been changed since the copy.As we are using Azure file sync the date is important as it will Tier data to the cloud.

Attachments

• RichCopyDates.JPG
    RichCopyDates.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 6
We are migrating our data off a storage device and on to a Windows 2016 server. I have setup multiple jobs to copy single directories throughout the day however when i check the permissions on the folder they are not coming across. I have tried the job using the ROOT option and not using it. \\servera\share\DIR1
Hello rcopithorne,
The date and time stamp of the folders will be applied and reflected with the right date when the job reaches 98% as this is when all the files are copied. Setting the dates on the folders prior to that would not work as once we copy files into them then the dates will change to today's date.

Let us know if this answers your question or if you need further clarifications.
Feel free to reach out to [email protected]
Thank you,

Here is a screen shot. The left is the source. The right is the target. The Date has been changed since the copy.As we are using Azure file sync the date is important as it will Tier data to the cloud.

In terms of permissions, you need to make sure the ACL option is selected for folders or folders and files. Selecting Root Folder ensures that the parent folder gets the NTFS permissions as well.
Is the job completing without errors?

Does the source NAS device currently have NTFS permissions set?

Also , If still having issues, please reach out to [email protected] and we can look at the job configuration screen and error log.

Back