Moving data from SharePoint online to Azure File Storage

philozak

I am in the beginning stages of moving over 60TB of data from SharePoint Online to Azure Cold File Storage. I have your software working from an in office / non cloud server and it has moved data fine in my testing. I am trying to determine the best place for the system that will be running your software. Does your software just manage / facilitate the move of the data between SharePoint and Azure, or does it flow through the server moving it? I guess I'm asking whether with the way I have it set up now, am I literally downloading from SharePoint then back up to Azure? Should I be doing this from a VM in my Azure tenant instead?

Thanks

Hi philozak
Welcome to the community
Gs Richcopy 360 copies files directly from SharePoint online to Azure File Storage, no need to download and re-upload, so it saves so much time in this field. And as an answer to your question "am I literally downloading from SharePoint then back up to Azure? Should I be doing this from a VM in my Azure tenant instead? "
For example, you can install Gs Richcopy 360 on Windows 10, run the program, right-click on the interface, choose "Create new job", choose " no, Choose this option for cloud storage, TCP copy, or advanced options" , click "finish" and then set your requirements as simple as you see in the below image :

1710576161169.png

Here are the Operating systems that Gs Richcopy 360 can work through :
• Windows Server 2022
• Windows Server 2019
• Windows Server 2016
• Windows Server 2012R2
• Windows Server 2012
• Windows Server 2008 R2
• Windows Server 2008
• Windows Server 2003
• Windows 11
• Windows 10